Pregnancy—fees for maternity services for self-insured women
What are the costs and what do they cover?
The cost of your hospital stay, for you and your baby, is based on the estimated fees for a standard natural, or caesarean, birth. Please contact our friendly Patient Financial Liaison Officer to discuss the estimated fees for your admission, considering your individual circumstances:
- Phone: 07 3163 8243
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be asked to pay this amount one month before your expected date of arrival to secure your booking. Any portion of the monies not used will be refunded and any monies owing are required to be paid on discharge.
Please note: accommodation charges commence from the time of admission to the Mater Mothers’ Private Brisbane.
What is not covered?
It is important to note that these fees are for your hospital stay only and do not include the following:
- your obstetrician
- your baby’s paediatrician
- twin two; or triplet two and triplet three
- an anaesthetist
- intensive care (adult)
- neonatal intensive care (baby)
- neonatal special care (baby)
- antenatal accommodation (hospital admission during pregnancy)
- antenatal procedures e.g. ultrasound, CTG
- pathology e.g. blood and/or urine tests
- antenatal education classes
- partner meals
- pharmacy items e.g. medication.
A regular debit to your credit card can be arranged.
Mater Mothers’ Private Brisbane
South Brisbane Qld 4101
Telephone: 07 3163 8847
© 2016 Mater Misericordiae Ltd. ACN 096 708 922
Mater acknowledges consumer consultation in the development of this patient information.
Mater Doc Num: PI-CLN-430022
Last modified 21/4/2016.