After birth—Child Health Clinics
The Child Health service provides prevention and early intervention services for parents and carers of children from birth to eight years of age throughout the Greater Brisbane area.
Services are delivered in child health centres or in the home.
Child Health Centres are staffed by a multidisciplinary health team. Child health and parenting support services provided include:
- health assessments (surveillance and screening)
- growth and development assessment
- hearing assessment and referral
- early feeding support
- nutritional information and ongoing infant/child feeding support
- immunisation information and Immunisation Clinics
- parenting support (seminars, groups and individual structured interventions) .
Read more about services located near you.
Mater acknowledges consumer consultation in the development of this patient information.
Mater Doc Num: HOSP-011-03246
Last modified 24/5/2016.