Audiology services for people of all ages
Mater Health and Wellness provides paediatric audiology services for:
- Babies (from one day-old) who are at risk of hearing loss or where there is concern about their hearing
- Children with hearing problems, middle ear problems, speech or language delay and learning difficulties
- Children with intellectual or physical disability
- Children with severe or profound hearing loss seeking advice about cochlear implant.
Paediatric audiological tests/services include:
- Auditory brainstem response (for babies - from birth to 4 months)
- Diagnostic assessment for children under 3 years
- Diagnostic assessment for over 3 years
- Central auditory processing (a comprehensive listening skills test for those with normal hearing and normal cognition - for children 7 years or older)
- Fitting of soft hypoallergenic earplugs for water activities.
Mater Health and Wellness provide audiology services for adults with:
- Hearing, tinnitus, balance, dizziness and/or vertigo complaints
- Intellectual or physical disability
- Severe or profound hearing loss seeking advice about cochlear implant
Audiological tests/services for adults include:
- Diagnostic hearing assessment
- Vestibular assessment of balance function
- Central auditory processing assessment (a comprehensive listening skills test for those with normal hearing and normal cognition)
- Fitting of soft hypoallergenic earplugs for water activities
- Advice regarding amplification devices to assist with hearing and communication
- Advice regarding tinnitus management strategies
Audiology services are also available for workers requiring pre-employment baseline hearing assessment or a routine hearing assessment to monitor their hearing.
Mater Health and Wellness staff are recognised providers with private health funds and Medicare.
Rebates for services are available where applicable.
We accept Chronic Disease Management Plan referrals for eligible patients with chronic conditions. Please consult your general practitioner.
We are also approved providers for the Better Start for Children with a Disability Program.
Mater Health and Wellness is located on level 1, Duncombe Building, Raymond Terrace (entrace located to the left of building through boom gates), South Brisbane. For further information or to make an appointment, please phone 07 3163 6000 or visit wellness.mater.org.au.
© 2011 Mater Misericordiae Ltd. ACN 096 708 922.
Mater acknowledges consumer consultation in the development of this patient information.
Mater Doc Num: MHS-802-06012
Last modified 11/11/2015.